Wednesday, July 7, 2010
The Adventure Continues . . . . .
July 6th
Today we are leaving Yellowstone and driving to the Tetons. On our way we did a small hike called Mystic Falls which was a one mile hike to a waterfall. The scenery again was beautiful and I am still surprised how well the kids do on these short little hikes, in fact I think we might try some longer distances. Although the one drawback to hiking with the kids you have about zero chance of seeing any wildlife as they are non-stop talking. For me, that is not a bad thing as I am hoping we will NEVER see a bear while we are outside of the vehicle. Let me just say that the bear warnings everywhere (and I am not kidding, on the back of bathroom doors!!) is doing nothing for my nerves.
When we arrived at the Tetons we were all speechless (okay maybe the kids were playing their DS’s) at the views of the Mountains and these aren’t even the big ones. It is amazing how different the terrain looks compared to Yellowstone. Our campground is a little village with a store, marina, two restaurants, visitor center and museum. Our camping site is in the woods if only we could get the darn thing level, I am sick of feeling like we are on a slope (we never pretended to be seasoned RVer’s!). There is a ton of trails from here and I did one small run (3 miles) last night and my intention was to do a longer trail run but my bear phobia got the best of me again. I considered since I was out by myself, at 9 o’clock at night, in bear country, not to mention after having a beer at dinner, that 3 miles were good! I guess the marathon training is on sabbatical too during this time!
We are off to do some exploring of the Tetons, it looks awesome and we all can’t wait!
July 7th
No internet access at our campground only nearby, so this blog is a two for one. Thank heavens for the wooded campsite as the kids finally slept in until 8:00 am! After all that walking and being on the go, it was finally the solid rest the kids needed. Today we explored the Tetons. We really enjoy this park, it is much smaller than Yellowstone and a little bit easier to navigate with the RV. We went to Jenny Lake today. We took a short boat ride to a steep hiking trail that took us to Hidden Falls. The hike was a little tough for the kids but they did a great job. No wonder they chose to take the boat ride home when asked after the trail. Doug took the 2 mile hike back and I am sure he enjoyed some solitude if you get what I mean (ha ha!). After Jenny Lake we tried fishing in a couple of spots, but couldn’t catch anything. We are off to dinner here in a few and Doug is taking the boys fishing while I do laundry (good times!). Doug is promising he is going to go swimming in the Lake, and I heard the lake temp is around 55 degrees, not sure I am going to tell him before he goes, I will let you know how that works out :)
P.S. - I can't upload any pictures with the wireless connection here . . . I will post some later
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Lisa...
ReplyDeleteWe all miss you! Glad you are having a great time. I love your posts and look forward to them daily :) Happy camping..