So we drove the "Going to the Sun Road" today and what is your first guess that it is going to be mountainous? First that they close the road to RVer's or Second the name "Going to the Sun Road?" It was really amazing! In fact before we left I read to Doug that it is suppose to be a "unparalleled" mountain experience and he was said "yeah, right after the Tetons I hardly think so." But as Doug put his foot in his mouth, I was deathly clutching the door and silently praying for a safe journey (did I mention that I am afraid of heights?). Literally we were right on the edge of Mountain all the way going up and all the way going down for about 3 hours (with stops.) When I could look it really was beautiful. We got out several times to take in the scenery and take pictures, we took a short hike to yet another waterfall and even stopped at a place that the kids could play in the snow (really!). It really was a once in a lifetime experience, even if it scared the crap out of me. Doug wants to do it again, I am not so sure. I am posting some pictures, but words or the pictures really can't capture the magnitude of it.
Remember how I was scared to run because of bear, but Doug convinced me otherwise and I did a nice 5 mile trail run? Well apparently that very night a grizzly bear was sighted in our campsite!! LOVELY, the phobia continues . . . . now add to the phobia that mountain lions are in Glacier in addition to Grizzly bears and I will be running on the road for sure. Don't get me wrong the marathon plan is WAY behind schedule but I am getting out now and then.
The kiddos are doing really well and crazy as usual. They slept in the car this afternoon and are going strong at 9:15 which is extremely late for them. They have been hitting every gift shop trying to add to their "pet" collection (check out the big one they spotted today.) They play with these darn pets while we are driving or when we are parked over the driver's seat. So far we have a kitty, penguin, duck, owl, bear, and a bald eagle - what a collection.
Is that a freakin' ram in the parking lot?? what a riot! loving your pictures and stories. don't worry about catching up to running for the training, you'll be fine :o) The divas have a story of their own about wildlife...you'll have to check my post out...
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are fabulous and the stories even better, thanks for sharing. Look forward to hearing more about it all when you return - the runs are still there and the #'s are just building.
ReplyDelete