Friday, July 14, 2017

Sikumi Day Six


We took the small boat to a remote area where the Arctic Turn nests and we were able to walk up to yet another Glacier (I don’t remember the name).  The scenery was amazing, it looked like something out of a movie.  Our Charter has special permission to go to this area and only 20 or 30 people hike there every year, it was a very cool experience. 






Just Doug and I took a second hike that was much more challenging.  It was next to a waterfall most of the way and traveled through the muddy rainforest.  I was struggling a bit and turned around after about an hour.  Doug tried to make it to the end but ended up turning around too, apparently it got even more challenging! We were a muddy mess when we got back, it was probably good the boys stayed behind on the boat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment